Alfa Romeo Brera: Roaring Into The Fashion World
Italian Company Alfa Romeo manufactured the sports car Alfa Romeo Brera during 2005-2010. It was also known as Type 939.
The Other Brand
The company did not produce only Alfa Romeo but it also manufactured another model also. The other model is Spider roadster that came a year later in 2006 and also continued production till 2010. Incidentally, both these models were manufactured by Pininfarina.
Marketing features of Brera and Spider are as follows.
- The company manufactured 21,786 units of Brera.
- In addition; 12,488 pieces of Spider was also built by the company.
End of the Era
Both these models marketed by Alfa Romeo were in production up to 2010 when both stopped simultaneously. Some of the vehicles were still available in the market to be sold out in 2011. After that these models disappeared from the market.
The Concept Car
Originally the car was designed as one of the concept cars that made their appearances in the Motor Show in Geneva that was held in the year 2002.
- Concept design was created by Italian designer Giorgetto Giugiaro.
- Maserati V8 engine was the driving force of the car.
- The engine could produce 400 PS that equals to 290kw or around 390 hp.
Announcement of Production
As the Brera received huge positive reviews and acclaims during the concept display, the company finally decided to produce it. The announcement came up in 2005.
Brera in Europe
When Brera was marketed in Europe, it came with two types of petrol engines.
- The first one was 185 PS that equals 136kw and 182 hp running at 2.2 liters. This version was also available with 260 PS equaling 190kw and 260 hp running at 3.2 liters.
- Second one was 210 PS that equals 150kw and 210 hp running at 2.4 liters of turbo diesel.
Both the 2.2 liter petrol version as well as the diesel version vehicles is front wheel drive. On the other hand the V6 has a Torsen 4-wheel drive feature. This particular driving feature is similar to some other models manufactured by the Company.
Photo Gallery of Alfa Romeo Brera
Technical Characteristics of Alfa Romeo Brera
Technical Characteristics of 2010 Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 JTS V6 24v produced by Alfa Romeo (IT).
|Body Type||Fixed-head coupe 2 doors|
|Front Track||1579 mm|
|Rear Track||1559 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||70 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Front wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||MED 7.6.2 direct injection|
|Max Power||260HP (191 kW) @ 6200 rpm|
|Max Torque||322Nm @ 4500 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||260 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Wheels||7?J x 17 / 7?J x 17|
|Standard Tyres||225/50 R 17 / 225/50 R 17|
|Transmission||6 speed manual|
|Number of gears||6|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||7 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|