BMW Z4: Benefits and Drawbacks
BMW Z4: The car with great design and appearance
BMW Z4 is a great sports car from the German automobile manufacturers BMW, which was started in 1916. It is a successor car to BMW Z3. It is a convertible which carries elements of its predecessor car models like BMW 507, BMW Z8.
Where were these German sport cars produced?
The production of this BMW Z4 first started in USA, in the year 2002. BMW Z4’s manufacturing unit was situated near South Carolina, where both convertible and sedan versions of the BMW were mass produced. But the Mark II versions of BMW Z4 were manufactured in Germany itself, in the popular BMW automobile plant in Regensburg.
BMW Z4 sported great design elements
One look at BMW Z4 and you would realize that this was a great looking car which sported design, which were three dimensional in nature. This sports car was designed by the ace designer of BMW cars, Anders Warming. Some of the awards that it won are:
- In its first year itself, this car received the best car design award from the reputed automobile magazine.
- In 2009 again, BMW Z4 received the prestigious award for its car design, by special design jury situated in Essen.
What are the features of BMW Z4?
This great handsome sports car has certain features which are:
- The car enjoys a superior engine which is situated in the front portion of the car. The engines are available up to three liters in its convertible version.
- The wheels of the car are placed in the rear end of the car, which accentuates its fuel performance.
- Has great steering and braking features, which enhances the driving experience.
BMW Z4 was first announced in an automobile show in US with great pomp and grandeur. In order to kill competition, it changed a few features and was re launched in 2011, with great appearance backed with superior engine features. Thus it has become a popular sport car among its BMW car lovers.
Photo Gallery of BMW Z4
Technical Characteristics of BMW Z4
Technical Characteristics of 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive28i Automatic produced by BMW (DE).
|Body Type||Drop-head coupe (cabriolet; convertible) 2 doors|
|Front Track||1511 mm|
|Rear Track||1559 mm|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||55 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Rear wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion VPAS|
|Fuel Supply System||direct petrol injection|
|Max Power||245HP (181 kW) @ 5000 rpm|
|Max Torque||350Nm @ 1250 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||159 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Wheels||8J x 17 / 8J x 17|
|Standard Tyres||225/45 R 17 91W / 225/45 R 17 91W|
|Transmission||6 speed manual|
|Number of gears||6|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||5.7 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|