Chevrolet Orlando: Drive Like A Celeb
The Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle
The Chevrolet Orlando is a Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle that comes with five doors and is a seven seater vehicle. It is being manufactured in Korea by GM Korea under Chevrolet guidance for the global markets.
Chevrolet Orlando is based on its popular sedan Chevrolet Cruze and is a 5-door and 7-Seat concept MPV.
Specifications & performance
- Chevrolet Orlando comes with two-tier grille and headlamps that are connected with front fenders and muscular fender which are then wrapped around the wheels making it stylish yet elegant.
- It comes with a 2.0L four-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine that produces 148hp of power and is 150ps and 110 KW vehicle.
Official launch and Production
- It was unveiled at Paris Motor Show in the year 2008 and later at North American International Auto Show in 2009.
- When Chevrolet reviewed it under extended product reviews it confirmed its production in August 2009.
- Initially it was decided that the Chevrolet Orlando would be manufactured in United States of America but later in May 2010 the decision was reversed by GM.
- It was sold in Canada in 2011 and 2012.
- Its crossover version is now being produced in South Korea at Kunsan Assembly plant.
GM also showed another small MPV concept similar to Orlando in 2010 called as GMC Granite and was unveiled at Busan International Motor Show in 2010 which was later followed by Paris Motor Show in 2010 and the latest at North American International Auto Show in 2013.
Its European model started selling in early 2011.