Fiat Freemont: What’s In The Interior
The Mid-Size crossover Special Utility Vehicle
The Fiat Freemont is a mid-sized crossover SUV and is an enhanced version of the famous Dodge from Chrysler. Though it was marketed as 2009 model but late it was lined up for late 2008 and was updated for the 2011 year.
Official launch and Dynamic features
- Fiat Freemont was first unveiled in 2007 at Frankfurt Motor Show and it again reappeared in year 2009 at Frankfurt Motor Show.
- It has a shorter wheelbase that is 113.8 inches (2,891 mm) that the Chrysler Pacifica model and its modified version are based on the platform of Dodge Avenger.
- Option of 5 seats or 5+2 was made available and had four forward hinged doors.
- It is also available with four-cylinder engine that is same as Chrysler minivans.
- The exteriors of the Fiat Freemont were designed by the famous Chrysler’s Ryan Nagode.
- The production version of the famous 2009 model was sold at North America in March 2008 and for the rest of the countries in mid 2008.
- A Chinese version was also unveiled in 2008 at Auto China and was marketed as JCUV. Its initial production began in 2009.
- The model name emblem was moved to right end of the trunklid in the model year 2010 and was replaced by the brand emblem.