Ford Escort: Replacing The Tires
The Small Family Car
The Fort Escort was a small family car made between 1968 to 2002 by Ford of Britain and Ford Germany. There were many different small cars named as Escort by the Ford between 1981 and 2003 and were produced in North America.
The famous car maker is planning to launch Ford Escort in 2014 for the Chinese market.
Engine Specifications and features
- The first reduced specification version of the Ford Squire was named as Ford Escort and the 1950 estate car version of the Ford Anglia 100E was also named as Escort. It was not able to achieve good sale figures as compared to other members of the 100E model car family.
- In January 1995 the Ford Escort was revised and had new front lights, bonnet, front wings, front and rear bumpers, door handles and radiator grilles.
- In order to give it more ultra modern looks the interiors of the car were also revised with all the dashboard arrangement.
Revisions that were made later
- The entry level engines were also revised with 1.3L upgraded with Kent/Valencia family the Endura-E and IV Fiesta and Ka called as 1.4L CVH was replaced by the new CVH-PTE unit.
- The 1.8 diesel and 1.6/1.8 zetec units were left completely unchanged.
- The BC series transmission was also improved with advanced iB5 version and was introduced as running change.
Photo Gallery of Ford Escort
Technical Characteristics of Ford Escort
Technical Characteristics of 1975 Ford Escort RS2000 produced by Ford (DE).
|Body Type||Saloon (sedan) 2 doors / 4 seats|
|Front Track||1278 mm|
|Rear Track||1298 mm|
|Ground Clearance||159 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||40 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Rear wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion|
|Fuel Supply System||1 We carb|
|Max Power||111HP (82 kW) @ 5500 rpm|
|Max Torque||162Nm @ 4000 rpm|
|Cam Design||SOHC - Single Overhead Camshaft|
|Valves per cylinder||2|
|Number of gears||4|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||n/a|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|