Ford Galaxy: Perfect Choice For A Family
The Large Multi-Purpose Vehicle MPV
The Ford Galaxy was first introduced in 1995 and was a Large Multi-Purpose Vehicle. It has extended for over three generations and the Ford S-Max was also inspired from this model.
Initial Launch and Engine Performance
- The 2006 Geneva Motor show witnessed the introduction of the third generation Galaxy model and in June 2006 it was sold along with the shorter and lower version of Ford S-Max.
- Ford used its own engines in the Ford galaxy with all diesel engines from Duratorq family and was available in 100 PS and 125 PS 1.8 litre format.
- 130 PS and 140 PS versions with 2.0 TDCi and 2.2 TDCi versions were also used with more power.
- Now two petrol engines are also being offered and those are "1.6T 160PS EcoBoost Start/Stop" and the "2.0 203 PS EcoBoost.
Popular Fact about Ford Galaxy
- The ford Galaxy also became popular with British television Series Outnumbered the Brockman family as they were shown owing a Ford Galaxy in the 2011 series. It replaced the Vauxhall Zafira from the older series.
Photo Gallery of Ford Galaxy
Technical Characteristics of Ford Galaxy
Technical Characteristics of 1996 Ford Galaxy V6 Ghia produced by Ford (UK).
|Body Type||Multi-purpose vehicle 5 doors / 8 seats|
|Fuel Capacity||70 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Front wheel drive|
|Fuel Supply System||n/a|
|Max Power||176HP (129 kW) @ 5800 rpm|
|Max Torque||240Nm @ 4200 rpm|
|Cam Design||SOHC - Single Overhead Camshaft|
|Cylinders||6 IN V|
|Valves per cylinder||2|
|Number of gears||4|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||n/a|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|