Honda Pilot: Why Would You Want To Own This?
Honda Pilot: The family friendly mid size SUV crossover car
Honda the international Japanese automobile makers, introduced Honda Pilot in 2002. This car was conceptualized keeping the automobile consumers of North America and is the biggest SUV model, to be manufactured by Honda car manufacturers.
What are the features of the Honda Pilot?
This car is very family friendly and very popular in the North American market segment. The Honda Pilot is currently developed in the Lincoln manufacturing plant in United States and was earlier produced in Alliston, Canada car manufacturing unit till 2007. Some of its popular features are:
- Comfortable three row seating for its passengers.
- The driving wheel was placed in the front end and this added convenience to the driver in many ways.
- Various safety features which were standard in nature were introduced.
- Around 2006, the interiors of the Honda Pilot also received a facelift and became more sleek and sophisticated.
- For the year 2012’s model, Honda Pilot received a few updated in its car models.
Interesting facts about Honda Pilot
- Before the introduction of Honda Pilot as a crossover SUV model, there was the Honda Passport which was a refined SUV car model. Both the cars had similar automobile platforms and also shared it with Honda’s other car model like Honda Odyssey.
- Honda Pilot has a suspension which is very independent in nature and gives the driver a feel that it is driving a car.
- In 2010, Honda Crosstour surpassed the Honda Pilot in length.
Snapshot of Honda Pilot sold in other automobile market of the world
- In Australia, the Honda Pilot was sold under the name of Honda MDX.
- Honda MR-V is the name of the Honda Pilot car model sold in the Middle Eastern Counties.
- While the car retains its original name as Honda Pilot, in the markets of Caribbean, Russia, Republic of Dominica and Ukraine.
Honda Pilot has been a great commercial car for the Honda auto makers and more than a million cars were sold in the years 2004. Thus this car is the best family car for a family living In North America and around the world.