Jaguar XF: The Top Award Winner
The Handsome Executive Car: Jaguar XF
The British automobile car makers Jaguar have developed the handsome Jaguar XF. This car was introduced to the world by Jaguar, in the year 2007 and is a successor to the car model Jaguar S-Type.
Where are these cars produced?
The concept and design phase of Jaguar XF was developed in Coventry, the head quarters of the Jaguar brand. While the manufacturing unit of the car, was in Birmingham. During its development period Jaguar XF was code named X50, in order to maintain secrecy.
Essential characteristics of Jaguar XF
Jaguar XF was unveiled at a motor show in Frankfurt in 2007. It created a great impression there. Some of its essential characteristics of Jaguar XF are:
- Jaguar XF was slightly different in style, than Jaguar C-XF. The original design of the car was designed by the ace car designer Ian Calium, who headed Jaguar’s designing division.
- The front styling of the car is more inspired by 1968’s Jaguar XJ, with the nose and the front lights of the car being more rounded in nature and has the presence of the mesh grille which is oval in shape.
- Jaguar XF also sports the chrome bumper blade and the Jaguar logo, which is present in most Jaguars’ car models.
- When developing Jaguar XF, a lot of effort was made to create quality interiors for the car. Thus you would see various new features like the flush fitted vents for air conditioning and a gear shift which is rotating in nature. This has been called the Jaguar Drive Selector.
- Another significant addition in Jaguar XF’s cabin decor is the presence of pale blue dimmed back lights. This back light is present in all the instruments, control panel and switch gear of Jaguar XF’s cabin.
- Also the levels of internal lightning to be maintained inside the car, opening of the car’s compartments have been designed to respond to touch.
- You would be surprised that Jaguar XF has no cloth materials being used in its interior. Its interiors are dominated by the heavy use of leather.
- The passenger compartment looks very sophisticated and classic in nature.
- The engines used by Jaguar XF were VG or V8 in nature.
All the characteristics make Jaguar XF, a handsome executive car for its proud owner.
Photo Gallery of Jaguar XF
Technical Characteristics of Jaguar XF
Technical Characteristics of 2009 Jaguar XF 3.0L V6D 500 produced by Jaguar (UK).
|Body Type||Saloon (sedan) 4 doors / 5 seats|
|Front Track||1559 mm|
|Rear Track||1605 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||70 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Rear wheel drive|
|Fuel Supply System||direct diesel injection|
|Max Power||240HP (177 kW) @ 4000 rpm|
|Max Torque||500Nm @ 2000 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||179 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Transmission||6 speed automatic|
|Number of gears||6|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||7.1 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|