Jeep Patriot: Start Driving Like A Boss
The low-priced & Least-Expensive SUV
The Jeep Patriot (MK74) was launched in early 2007 and is a compact crossover SUV. It was launched for the 2007 model year and was launched by the Chrysler’s Jeep marquee. Jeep Patriot was unveiled at New York Auto Show in April 2006 and displayed between the Liberty and Compass in the overall jeep lineup.
It is one of the least expensive special utility vehicles launched in North America and also termed as low priced crossover standard SUV up to that date.
Jeep Patriot’s Performance
- For US market the Jeep Patriot was launched with GEMA gasoline I4 engine in 2.0 L or 2.4 L capacity.
- It was available in four-wheel drive as well as front wheel drive.
- The Jeep Patriot had two four- wheel drive systems that were electronically controlled.
- The name given to the basic four-wheel drive was called as Freedom Drive I and it also had a locking capability with full time system that was based on four wheel drive.
- Though the Freedom Drive II was based upon Freedom Drive I but with the help of CVT transmission it was capable of 19:1 gear reduction. It is only found in vehicles with transfer cases that were dedicated.
In order to capture the market in Australia and Europe it was fitted with 6-Speed manual gearbox based on Volkswagen-manufactured diesel engine that was of 2.0L capacity and had 1968 cc power and 120 cid with 140ps.
For European market four wheel drives was launched and Freedom Drive system was launched for US markets. Both versions had stability control based on three switchable electronics and for on or off-road usage traction control settings were provided.