Lancia Delta: It’s Cruising Time
The Compact Luxury Car from Lancia
The compact car from Lancia that is called as the Lancia Delta produced by the Italian automaker Lancia is a compact and small car that is luxurious. Between 1979 and 1994 initial generation Delta was produced and between 1993 and 1999 the subsequent generation Delta was there and the latest and advanced generation Delta started in 2008.
Initial Launch and Production
- Lancia Delta was unveiled in 1979 at Motor Show in Frankfurt.
- During the late 1980s and early 1990s the Lancia Delta became famous for its global Rallies and Championships and it dominated each and every rally at that time.
- After that newer versions of Delta were launched and were named as HF4WD Lancia Delta and 5000 Integrale and a variant of each model was manufactured before the start of the competition.
- At that time there were about 44,296 Integrale models were sold.
The Delta name was revived in September 2006 by Lancia and was announced officially. The CAR Magazine also reported that the new versions that will be built are going to be on the Fiat C platform.
The 63rd Venice International film festival witnessed the HPE concept world premiere and the Geneva motor show in 2008 saw the new Lancia Delta type 844 unveiled in style.
Ultimate Design and Performance
- In order to capture the small family car segment at the luxury end a more user friendly design was encapsulated by the Lancia Style Centre.
- The overall length of Delta is 4.52 meters and that is 178.0 inches and the width is 1.797 meters that is 70.7 inches. The height of the Delta is 1.4999 meters and has a 2.7 meter wheel base which is basically larger than the Fiat Bravo.
- It is a hatchback vehicle with five door option.
Photo Gallery of Lancia Delta
Technical Characteristics of Lancia Delta
Technical Characteristics of 2010 Lancia Delta Hard Black 1.4 Start&Stop produced by Lancia (IT).
|Body Type||Hatchback 5 doors / 5 seats|
|Front Track||1538 mm|
|Rear Track||1531 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||57 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Front wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||EFI|
|Max Power||140HP (103 kW) @ 5000 rpm|
|Max Torque||230Nm @ 1750 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||132 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Tyres||195/55 R 16 91V / 195/55 R 16 91V|
|Transmission||6 speed manual|
|Number of gears||6|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||9.2 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|