Lotus Elise: Tips On Buying The Used Car
The Rigid Roadster
The Lotus Elise is a medium sized roadster and the idea behind this real wheel drive two seater was conceived in the year 1994 and the final version was launched in September 1996. It was manufactured by Lotus Cars and English manufacturer.
Overall Style and Performance
- In order to get complete rigid suspension the Lotus Elise was made from hand-finished fiberglass body shell and it was mounted over an extruded aluminum chassis.
- The above mentioned technique helped in keeping the production and weight cost to the minimum level.
- The best thing about Lotus Elise is that it can achieve speeds up to 240 kilometers per hour that is about 150 miles per hour.
- This roadster was named after Elise the granddaughter of Romano Artioli and at the time of the car’s launch he was the chairman of the Lotus Company.
Engine and Different Versions of Lotus Elise
- In total there are three different versions of Lotus Elise in 2008.
- The first version was naturally aspirated and produced 189 horse powers with 141 kilowatt power.
- The second version was named as Elise SC and that had a supercharger which was non-intercooled and produced 218 horse powers with 163 kilowatt power.
- The overall fine technology up gradations made the base Elise achieve 0-60 miles per hours in 4.7 seconds instead of 4.9 seconds with earlier versions.
- The Elise SC achieved feet in just 4.3 seconds and was very fast. The style of the NA Elise was exactly same to prior models that were launched.
- The overall weight of the Lotus Elise was claimed to be 1987 lb that is 901 kg which was just 1.4 kg more than the previous year’s model.
Photo Gallery of Lotus Elise
Technical Characteristics of Lotus Elise
Technical Characteristics of 2011 Lotus Elise CR produced by Lotus (UK).
|Body Type||Drop-head coupe (cabriolet; convertible) 2 doors|
|Front Track||1457 mm|
|Rear Track||1507 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||40 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Rear wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion|
|Fuel Supply System||EFI|
|Max Power||136HP (100 kW) @ 6800 rpm|
|Max Torque||160Nm @ 4400 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||149 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Tyres||Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 LTS 175/55 R 16 / Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 LTS 225/45 R 17|
|Transmission||6 speed manual|
|Number of gears||6|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||6.5 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|