Maserati Quattroporte: Things To Check Before Buying
The Luxury Four Door Car
The Maserati Quattroporte is a four door Luxury car made in Italy, Europe by famous car maker Maserati. The name of the car was derived from an Italian word that means Four Doors. In total there has been 6 generations of this amazing luxury car and each generation is divided by a time frame of approximately seven years.
Launch and latest Developments
- January 2013 witnessed the latest and advanced Maserati Quattroporte which was unveiled at the Global Auto Show in North America. Though the production of the vehicle was started early during 2012 in November month.
- On the outskirts of Turin at their old Bertone and with valuable inputs from senior Pininfarina designer named as Lorenzo Ramaciotti a new model was developed. It was then designed by the special department from Maserati which was there in the Fiat Group Centro Stile design centre.
- During the pre-launch that was about detailed description about the vehicle a press briefing was conducted which was then hosted by the Chief development officer Mr. Roberto Corradi and he told reporters and the media that this amazing vehicle is completely designed in a new and latest manner and most of the elements are going to be identical to Maserati Quattroporte.
The company is also planning to launch SUV Levante in 2014 and a latest and advanced Ghibli model in the mid of the year 2013.
Engine and performance
- The latest Maserati Quattroporte is based on advanced on V6 and V8 engines from Ferrari.
- Company is planning to launch it with V8 engine that is capable of producing 523 horse powers and it is going to be 3.8 Litre petrol engines that has 3798 cc engine.
- The V6 engine model will be launched with automatic transmission of 8-speed and gearbox.
- The V6 is going to be made available for the markets that allow left-hand drive and it is going to be a four-wheel drive.
Photo Gallery of Maserati Quattroporte
Technical Characteristics of Maserati Quattroporte
Technical Characteristics of 2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S produced by Maserati (IT).
|Body Type||Saloon (sedan) 4 doors / 5 seats|
|Front Track||1582 mm|
|Rear Track||1595 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||90 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Rear wheel drive|
|Fuel Supply System||EFI|
|Max Power||440HP (323 kW) @ 7000 rpm|
|Max Torque||490Nm @ 4750 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||365 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Tyres||245/35 ZR 20 / 295/30 ZR 20|
|Transmission||6 speed automatic|
|Number of gears||6|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||5.1 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|