Mazda 2: Opt For A Classic Car
The Best among the Supermini Cars: Mazda 2
Mazda 2 is a car that is a larger than any family car and is popularly known as a supermini car. This car model was sold in various automobile markets around the world in different names like Mazda Metro, Mazda 121 or the Festiva Wagon from Fords. Mazda 2 was introduced in the automobile market, in the year 1996.
Little Known Facts about Mazda 2
- The third version of Mazda 2 called Demio won the best car title in 2009.
- Ford Festiva introduced by the automobile giant company called the Ford’s company, had similar elements like Mazda 2 and based on the same platform.
- In 1990, Mazda 2 also released another version of the car known as the Autozam revenue. The same popular automobile platform was used again.
- Kia Motor’s also used the same platform for their other car models like Avella and Pride. Ford Company also used this automobile D platform for its Ford Aspire car model.
Other features of Mazda 2
This popular supermini car, larger than a city car had a few popular features which are:
- A fuel gauge was introduced, which was digital in nature.
- Mazda 2 also comes in three types of trim levels and Neo is its standard basic model.
- The Neo model has standard car features with a sporty body and safety air bags.
Sales snapshot of Mazda 2
After it was introduced, there were about fifteen thousand units sold in a month’s time. The popular colours among consumers are Silver with a metallic touch, Grey with Mica sheen and Blue and Green with Metallic finish. It has been estimated that in the month of August 2010, more than four lakhs units were sold worldwide, especially in European, Japan and Australia. Thus Mazda 2 is the best supermini car in the automobile industry.
Photo Gallery of Mazda 2
Technical Characteristics of Mazda 2
Technical Characteristics of 2007 Mazda 2 1.5 produced by Mazda (JP).
|Body Type||Hatchback 3 doors / 5 seats|
|Front Track||1475 mm|
|Rear Track||1465 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||43 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Front wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||EFi|
|Max Power||103HP (76 kW) @ 6000 rpm|
|Max Torque||137Nm @ 4000 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||140 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Wheels||6J x 15 / 6J x 15|
|Standard Tyres||185/55 R 15 82V / 185/55 R 15 82V|
|Transmission||5 speed manual|
|Number of gears||5|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||10.4 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|