Mitsubishi Eclipse: The Performance Parts
The Sports Compact Car
The Mitsubishi Eclipse is a sports compact car and was manufactured between 1989 and 2011. The 1996 model year witnessed the addition of a convertible body style. The name that was given to this car was based upon a English Racehorse of the 18th Century that remained unbeaten for 26 races. Some other names given to it were Eagle Talon.
List of Countries where it was marketed and sold
The Mitsubishi Eclipse was marketed and sold across the following countries
- South Korea.
- The Philippines.
- North America.
- Saudi Arabia.
The final and last Eclipse was made in Aug, 2011 and was auctioned off and the earnings from the auction were donated to the charity.
Overall Performance of Mitsubishi Eclipse
- The Mitsubishi facebook community helped in choosing the black color of the final eclipse made in Aug, 2011.
- This final Eclipse had 3.8 litre and 265 horse powers V6 engine and also had 18-inch alloy wheels of Dark Argent and moreover the graphics of the final vehicle were ultimate.
- The Final Eclipse had a sunroof and most of the interiors of the car were leather finished.
- It was also provided with 9-speaker audio system with rear view camera and hands free phone interface that was Bluetooth based.
- On September 17, 2012 the Mecum Auctions auctioned the car for $35,000 in St. Charles, IL and the money earned went to the Red Cross Japan for the aid of earthquake and Tsunami victims.
If we talk about numbers a total of 906,876 units of Eclipse were manufactured.
Photo Gallery of Mitsubishi Eclipse
Technical Characteristics of Mitsubishi Eclipse
Technical Characteristics of 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Coup? GS Automatic produced by Mitsubishi (JP).
|Body Type||Fixed-head coupe 2 doors / 2 seats|
|Front Track||1570 mm|
|Rear Track||1570 mm|
|Ground Clearance||147 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||67 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Front wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||SMPFi|
|Max Power||164HP (120 kW) @ 6000 rpm|
|Max Torque||220Nm @ 4000 rpm|
|Cam Design||SOHC - Single Overhead Camshaft|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Wheels||7.5 x 17 / 7.5 x 17|
|Standard Tyres||P225/50 R 17 / P225/50 R 17|
|Number of gears||4|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||n/a|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|