Mitsubishi Outlander: More Than Just A Ride
The Great Crossover Car: Mitsubishi Outlander
Mitsubishi Outlander was originally known as the Mitsubishi Airtrek and was developed by the Mitsubishi Motors. Airteck was developed and unveiled in 2001 at a auto show in North America and was strongly inspired by the Mitsubishi ASX car model, sold in other parts of the world like Asia and Europe. In Japan it was specially sold in outlets known as Car Plaza.
Salient features of Mitsubishi ASX car model
- Mitsubishi Outlander has popular features of a sport utility vehicle like enhanced driving features with four wheels drive elements.
- It also had great fuel emission, fuel economy and smaller size.
- Airteck was a fun filled adventure sports car and both its driver and passengers loved it. In fact the name “Outlander” was used to bring in the adventure of distant unexplored land.
- Mitsubishi Outlander was the second version of Airteck and the production started around 2005.
- It used the company’s popular automobile platform of GS and used great engines which were manufactured by Mitsubishi for other car models like Peugeot, Volkswagen and C-Crosser Citro?n.
- The third version of this car was unveiled in 2012, in a Geneva car Show.
- In Russia the Mitsubishi Outlander debuted in July month, while for other markets it was released in Set 2012.
Photo Gallery of Mitsubishi Outlander
Technical Characteristics of Mitsubishi Outlander
Technical Characteristics of 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.2 DI-D produced by Mitsubishi (JP).
|Body Type||Off-road vehicle 5 doors / 6 seats|
|Front Track||1540 mm|
|Rear Track||1540 mm|
|Ground Clearance||176 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||60 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Four wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||common rail direct diesel injection|
|Max Power||156HP (114 kW) @ 4000 rpm|
|Max Torque||380Nm @ 2000 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||194 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Wheels||7.0JJ x 18 / 7.0JJ x 18|
|Standard Tyres||225/55 R 18 / 225/55 R 18|
|Number of gears||6|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||9.9 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|