Nissan Patrol: Be The Commander Of The Road
The Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
The Nissan Patrol is a four wheel drive vehicle and is being manufactured since 1951 from Japan. There are some other countries where it is being sold and is regarded as a utilitarian 4*4 and tough vehicle:
- New Zealand.
- The Middle East.
- The Caribbean.
The Nissan Patrol is into fierce competition with Toyota Land Cruiser and it is being sold as upscale Infiniti brand in Canada and United States in the luxury SUV market.
Specifications and Performance
- The Nissan Patrol is available in two categories and those are five door chassis with LWB that is Long Wheel Base and the second one that is called as three doors SWB that is Short Wheel base.
- Nissan Patrol was marketed as Ford Maverick between 1988 and 1994 by the Ford Australia. The Maverick was marketed and sold alongside the Nissan branded Patrol in Australia.
- Ebro Patrol was the name given to Nissan Patrol for European markets.
- As the Nissan Armada is being aggressively sold in North America and hence it is not being sold there but it has a good and sizeable market in countries like Australia, Central and South America, some parts of South East Asia and South Africa.
- The Infiniti QX56 is the name given to Nissan Patrol when it started selling in North America in 2010.
The best thing about Nissan Patrol is that it is still being sold as military vehicle based on the second generation Y60 GQ program in Asia and Middle East. In fact many United Nation Agencies still use the different versions of Nissan Patrol.
The Irish army also uses it as main troop vehicles for transport purposes. The models used by them belong to fourth and fifth generation.
Photo Gallery of Nissan Patrol
Technical Characteristics of Nissan Patrol
Technical Characteristics of 1992 Nissan Patrol GR 2.8 Turbodiesel Wagon Safari produced by Nissan (JP).
|Body Type||Estate (station wagon; shooting brake) 5 doors / 7 seats|
|Front Track||1580 mm|
|Rear Track||1585 mm|
|Ground Clearance||225 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||95 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Four wheel drive|
|Fuel Supply System||n/a|
|Max Power||117HP (86 kW) @ 4400 rpm|
|Max Torque||235Nm @ 2400 rpm|
|Cam Design||SOHC - Single Overhead Camshaft|
|Valves per cylinder||2|
|Number of gears||5|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||n/a|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|