Nissan Rogue: Does It Suits Your Needs?
The Compact Crossover Special Utility Vehicle
The Nissan Rouge is a compact crossover special utility vehicle that was unveiled in 2007 for the 2008 model year. It took its inspiration from Qashqai which is a European designed vehicle for North American markets.
- On January 7, 2007 the Nissan Rouge was displayed at North American International Auto Show in Detroit city.
- When it was launched in Canadian market it replaced the Nissan X-Trail.
- It also replaced the Nissan Xterra for Mexican market but the Nissan Xterra is still being sold across Canada and United States.
- A new version of Nissan X-Trail was launched in Europe and Mexico and for the rest of the world and is based on the same platform shared by the Nissan Rouge.
- The company has no plans to market this new X-Trail for Canada or United States.
Engine specifications and its Overall Performance
- The Nisan Rouge delivers 170 horse power that is 127 KW with a 2.5 litre 4-cylinder engine that is combined with variable transmission.
- It comes with a front wheel drive.
- The overall cost of the Nissan Rouge less as compared to Nissan Murano which is also a crossover SUV.
- The 820L offers cargo area of 28.9 ft and 890 L offers cargo area of 31.6 cu ft.
Photo Gallery of Nissan Rogue
Technical Characteristics of Nissan Rogue
Technical Characteristics of 2007 Nissan Rogue produced by Nissan (JP).
|Body Type||Off-road vehicle 5 doors / 4 seats|
|Drive Wheels||Front wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||n/a|
|Max Power||172HP (126 kW) @ 0 rpm|
|Max Torque||237Nm @ 0 rpm|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Tyres||215/70 R 16 / 215/70 R 16|
|Transmission||continuously variable transmission|
|Number of gears||C|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||n/a|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|