SsangYong Korando: Buy A New Car
A unique sports utility vehicle, SsangYong Korando was manufactured by leading South Korean automotive Company Ssang Motor. Initially the vehicle was launched in the year 1983 and remained in the market till 2006 in its first phase.
However the Korean automobile giant decided to revive the marketing of the Korando again in 2010.
- The latest version was captioned SsangYong C200.
- Its production commenced towards the end of the year 2010.
- The car was the first one to be released as the integral part of the revival lineup of the Korean automobile Company.
Ssang Yong Korando Differences
Main differences of Korando are as follows.
- Wheel base is a little extended in comparison to Hyundai ix35 as well as the Kia Sportage, a couple of potential competitors for Korando.
- The car comes with different names at different places. For example; it is SsangYong Actyon in Russia.
3rd Generation Korando
A look into the history of production of Korando reveals that this 3rd generation vehicle was released having the following features.
- Initial release came up with 6-speed transmission manually.
- It also had 6-speed DSI model and M11 transmission mode that was automatic.
- Latest model of Korando has been initiated in May 2011.
- Korando is available as both 2-wheel as well as 4-wheel drive.
Fuel and Power
In terms of fuel economy and power generation; Korando has the following characteristics.
- Requires 5.5 liters of fuel per 100km running.
- Acceleration from 0 to 100 km can be achieved in just 10 seconds or less.
- 2.0 turbo-diesel engines deliver around 175 horsepower.
- Petrol version of the vehicle was marketed in 3023.
Standard 6 airbags are the features of the vehicle. The vehicle has the capacity of carrying 480 liters that can be extended to around 1300 liters if the eats are folded.
Photo Gallery of SsangYong Korando
Technical Characteristics of SsangYong Korando
Technical Characteristics of 2010 Ssangyong Korando 2.0D AWD Automatic produced by Ssangyong (KR).
|Body Type||Sport-utility vehicle 5 doors / 5 seats|
|Front Track||1573 mm|
|Rear Track||1558 mm|
|Ground Clearance||180 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||57 liters|
|Drive Wheels||All wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||common rail direct diesel injection|
|Max Power||175HP (129 kW) @ 4000 rpm|
|Max Torque||360Nm @ 2000 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||199 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Wheels||6?J x 16 / 6?J x 16|
|Standard Tyres||215/65 R 16 / 215/65 R 16|
|Transmission||6 speed automatic|
|Number of gears||6|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||n/a|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|