SsangYong Rexton: You Deserve A New Car
Besides others, the Korean giant automobile manufacturing company has also manufactured a mid-sized SUV. The vehicle is in production since 2001. The SUV is named SsangYong Rexton.
SsangYong Rexton Features
Main features of Rexton are as follows.
- The manufacturers used the M-Class platform offered b Mercedes Benz.
- Performance of the vehicle on road is smooth and quiet.
- It has also excellent off-road capabilities.
- The SUV can be used for providing seating facilities for 5-7 passengers on board.
Design and Model
Primary design of Rexton was the creation of the studio of Giorgiettor Giugiaro. Some changes in its styles were made in the year 2006. In consequence it became even more comfortable. This was also the time when the name was changed to Rexton II.
Second Generation Vehicle
Rexton II can be considered as the second generation of its first generation predecessor, the Rexton. The second generation vehicle was assembled by CSSB, sole importer as well as the distributor of all the SsangYong manufactured automobiles in Malaysia.
In the early parts of the year 2010, SsangYong came up with their new and upgraded version of the original Rexton, the Rexton II. Some of the features of the vehicle are as follows.
- Special features were added to make the vehicle eco-friendly by corresponding reduction of carbon emission by the vehicle.
- Towards achievement of this objective the vehicle now comes with catalyzed filter as well as variable turbine and turbo charger.
Low Emission Benefits
All these features make the Rexton II as low emission car and it has been declared as such by the Government of Korea. That has helped the vehicle to be exempted from imposition of additional tax on it after the vehicle completes the five standard years of road worthiness.
A few other qualitative additions have been made in the vehicle.
- A considerably enhanced technology has been introduced to make parking brake safe and convenient.
- Systems that will help gauge the tire pressure.
- Provisions for toll collection electronically.
- Safety system that will give advance warning about collision as well as avoidance system.
Leading Indian automobile manufacturing company, Mahindra & Mahindra came up with an Indian version of the vehicle. It was named as Rexton W and it made it appearance in the market in 2012 as joint venture of Mahindra & Mahindra and SsangYong.
Photo Gallery of SsangYong Rexton
Technical Characteristics of SsangYong Rexton
Technical Characteristics of 2011 Ssangyong Rexton II RX270 Automatic produced by Ssangyong (KR).
|Body Type||Sport-utility vehicle 5 doors / 7 seats|
|Front Track||1550 mm|
|Rear Track||1540 mm|
|Ground Clearance||206 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||80 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Four wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||common rail direct diesel injection|
|Max Power||165HP (121 kW) @ 4000 rpm|
|Max Torque||340Nm @ 1800 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||242 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Tyres||P235/75 R 16 / P235/75 R 16|
|Transmission||5 speed automatic|
|Number of gears||5|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||n/a|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|