Toyota Supra: Start A New Journey
Little Interesting facts about Toyota Supra
The Japanese automobile giant Toyota produced one of its most popular car models between the years 1978 to the early part of the twentieth century. This cult car was called the Toyota Supra. The design and style inspiration of this popular Toyota model was received from Toyota Celica, but Supra was larger in size. Due to the similarity in appearance, both Supra and Celica got mistaken for each other and the differences can be seen, when observed minutely.
Where was Toyota Supra manufactured?
The first three generations of Toyota Supra was manufactured in the automobile factory at Tahara in Aichi Japan. While the MKIV version of Supra had their car parts assembled in Toyotas city’s Motomachi car manufacturing plant.
Few facts about Toyota Supra’s
- The engine of Toyota Supra goes back to Toyota 2000GT’s engine and enjoys a six cylinder engine.
- Toyota Supra apart from the Toyota brand logo also has its own specially designed Supra logo, which is heavily inspired by Toyota Celica. The logo was used from the year 1986 onwards, on Mark III version of Toyota Supra.
- The original Toyota Supra logo was blue in color. The logo had the writings in orange color in the red background.
- The only difference in the logo was that, the design of the dragon was not present.
- The new Supra logo was used till 1991.
- From 1991 onwards, all Toyota car models sported the current Toyota logo. This logo was oval in shape and very regal in nature.
- Toyota Supra car models were no longer sold in US from 1998 onwards.
- Japan also closed its Toyota Supra manufacture from 2002 onwards, due to various reasons.
Media popularity of Toyota Supra’s
This car is a very popular brand of Toyota and has featured in many videos, TV shows and famous music videos. It was very popular among the rich and the famous. This car also featured in various iconic Hollywood movie series and made the Toyota Supra a legend in its own league. The age of the new Toyota car models like Toyota Camry, Toyota Prius had begun, but many old timers still wait for a new version of this super Toyota Supra car to be out in the new days to come.
Photo Gallery of Toyota Supra
Technical Characteristics of Toyota Supra
Technical Characteristics of 2001 Toyota Supra SZ produced by Toyota (JP).
|Body Type||Fixed-head coupe 2 doors / 2 seats|
|Front Track||1520 mm|
|Rear Track||1525 mm|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||70 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Rear wheel drive|
|Fuel Supply System||EFi|
|Max Power||225HP (165 kW) @ 6000 rpm|
|Max Torque||284Nm @ 4800 rpm|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Number of gears||5|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||n/a|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|