Triumph 900: Reasons Why You Need A New Car
A British motorcycle that was originally designed for racing events, Triumph Thruxton 900 is a production of the Triumph automobiles. The motorcycle hit the market in 2004.
Name of the motorcycle was inspired by the achievements of Triumph in the racing circuit of Thruxton. Reasons for such inspiration were –
- Triumph occupied all the top three places in the 500 miles endurances race staged in 1959 at Thruxton.
- Such achievement also marked the inception of the “caf? racer” era in motorcycle racing.
- In this event standard motorcycles were usually modified to make them suitable for participating in racing events.
Success of Triumph Bonneville
Designers working at Triumph were able to develop the highly successful model named Triumph Bonneville. Some of its features were as follows.
- Clip-on handlebars.
- Controls for rear sets.
- Small yet convenient fly screen.
- Rear seat cowl.
- Silencers for megaphone.
The Caf? Racer Look
It was also the time when the Caf? Racer look started making headway. Motorcycles having the look had instruments painted white with checkered stripes. Color of the stripes wee change with more solid forms in 2007 and this was the time when Caf? racer started having one broad center stripe and it had two other thinner stripes on both sides.
The manufacturing company upgraded the engine of the motorcycle with the following additions.
- New cams were used and at the same time the piston sizes were enhanced to 90cms.
- Capacity of the motorcycle was increased to 865 cc. At the same time the power was also raised to 70bhp.
- Original version of the motorcycle could reach the speed of 140mph that is equivalent to 230km per hour. However the new version of Thruxton was limited to 120mph or 190 km per hour top speed.
New Thruxton frame and wheels have the following features.
- Frame of the new Thruxton is tubular steel cradle.
- The frame comes with double sided swingarm
- Wheels have spokes, 36 in front and 40 in the rear.
- Front wheel spokes are 18x2.5 inches and rear wheel spokes are 17x3.5 inches in size.
Front suspensions have adjustable pre load facilities with 41mm forks. Rear suspension contains Chrome spring as well as twin shock absorbers.
While the front brakes contain one floating disc 320mm in size, the rear brake has 255mm disc along with twin piston calipers.