Volvo S40: A Smart Buy
The Compact Executive car from Volvo
If you are looking for a compact executive car then Volvo S40 can be the best choice for you. It is one of the best five door hatchback cars launched in 2012.
History of Volvo S40
The first generation S40 was named as a Saloon and V40 as Versatility and estate cars and was launched in the year 1995. The second generation came in the year 2004 and was an estate’s variant and was named as V50. A new range of engines was made available for the popular 2011 model.
Performance, Power & Capacity of Volvo S40
- There is a wide range of engines that is available that includes three petrol engines called as 1.6, 2.0 and T5. The T5 is available with front-wheel drive and comes with automatic transmission.
- It is also available with four Diesel engines and those are the new D2, D3, D4 and the existing DRIVe.
- It also comes with a 2.0 Flexible-Fuel engine that can run with normal petrol or E85 which is ethanol-petrol mixture.
- The 2.0, T5, D2, D3 and D4 are Euro 5 emission standard compliant and the rest of the models are Euro 4 compliant.
Unique features of Volvo S40
- The DRIVe model consists of a Start-Stop system which consumes very less fuel and has very less emissions.
- The D2 model uses a 6-speed gearbox and is very smooth and reliable.
Photo Gallery of Volvo S40
Technical Characteristics of Volvo S40
Technical Characteristics of 2007 Volvo S40 T5 Automatic produced by Volvo (SE).
|Body Type||Saloon (sedan) 4 doors / 4 seats|
|Front Track||1535 mm|
|Rear Track||1531 mm|
|Ground Clearance||135 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||62 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Front wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||SFI|
|Max Power||230HP (169 kW) @ 5000 rpm|
|Max Torque||320Nm @ 1500 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||224 g/Km|
|Cam Design||DOHC - Double Overhead Camshaft (per bank)|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Standard Tyres||205/50 R 17 W / 205/50 R 17 W|
|Number of gears||5|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||7.2 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|