Yamaha R1: The Engine Optioons
Yamaha R1: The Super Bike
From the reputed bike manufacturing firm Yamaha, comes the Yamaha R1. The company developed this amazing bike in 1998.
What are the attractive features of the new Yamaha R1?
Yamaha Company impressed with the response it received with the release of Yamaha R1, decided to release a new version of this sports bike with modified features. These features are:
- In these new bikes released in 2009, Yamaha added a more powerful engine, which was based on a technology called Cross Plane. These engines were fuel efficient in nature and added more power to the engine, despite being low in torque power.
- The improvised R1 also enjoyed the popular fuel injection process where fuels were mixed in the right quantity, to get the immediate response, when the biker switches on its bike for ignition.
- The appearance of its Yamaha R1’s body became sleeker with the use of magnesium in the bike’s body and more balance was introduced in the center. This added more comforts to the biker.
- The rider when riding his favorite bike on the road, could also chose different maps, which were dependent on the environment in which it was riding. The first map is called the standard mode and it gives the rider a wide variety of options to enhance its driving conditions. The second gives the biker, more power during its bike riding in the range called RPM. The third gives the biker a throttle which is softer in nature and is used when the biker is in the middle of a heavy traffic.
- The improved R1 has a more responsive instrumental panel and enjoys a gear indicator, which is standard in nature.
- The biker can also enjoy driving the road corners with its new control system of traction in seven levels.
- Improved shock absorbers which were placed in the rear end of the bike were also introduced.
- Safety features were also introduced in the new improved Yamaha R1 with the introduction of an electric steering.
- The bike also had projected head lamps in the sleeker model of the Yamaha R1. The air tubes of the bike were now placed next to the lights of the bike in the front area.
- This newly modeled Yamaha R1 bike achieved a bike speed of more than one hundred and seventy six kilometers per hour.
- It was very fuel efficient and used one US gallon for twenty five miles it ran.
All these great features make the improved Yamaha R1 a great buy for any biker lover across the world.